Blue Bell Park is located off of Walnut Lane within the Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia. There isn't much history to find on the park. It's located right off of Walnut Lane Bridge and is next to the Walnut Lane Golf Club. The park gates (for parking) close at 6:00 p.m. through the months of November to March and close at 9:00 p.m. from April to October.
If you own a dog/s or like them...
- A lot of dog owners come here, especially at certain hours. When I visited during a Saturday afternoon, the park was packed with dogs. However, each dog had large amount of space to run around and didn't feel too crowded.
If you like to hike, bike, and exercise....
- Blue Bell park includes multiple trails that connect to other local trails around the area. I did not have my hiking boots on to test out the trails. However, one reviewer from Yelp includes more detailed information on them.
- The park is has enough space for you to run through and not get to close to other joggers.
- There is one ballfield near the back of the space that usually hosts neighborhood softball and baseball games.
If you need a group gathering location...
- The space includes 5 picnic areas where people can hold reunions, birthday parties, holiday gatherings, etc.
- During the warmer weather, people are able to bring their own barbeque pits and enjoy the food and warm weather!
You can check out other Yelp reviews here!