Liberty Lands Park is a more recent Philadelphia urban park located within the Northern Liberties section. According to the Liberty Lands website, the Northern Liberties Neighbors Association was given a few grants from the Philadelphia Urban Resources Partnership over the years in order to create their ideal community park and it continues to grow. The 2-acre park is the largest green space within the neighborhood.
If you have kids...
- The playground for the children is sizable compared to some of the other larger parks I visited in my list. The playground includes multiple jungle gyms and a swing set.
- The layout of the park is also designed for parents because most of the seating surrounds the children's playground.
- Some of the events are for the children, such as Halloween hayrides.
If you love a sense of community...
- The park was built off of the idea of the community coming together and the park is a representation of their community.
- On the Neighbors Association website, they offer outside bathroom subscriptions for a key to the two doors. The only way you can enter the bathrooms is if you have a memebership and key.
- Every sculpture or mural was created by a local artist.
- The Liberty Lands park site explains that the space acts as a social way to connect and bring together the variety of all residents. Whether is be 'dog owners, parents, gardeners, workers, business owners, and artists
- There is a community garden that includes the following:
- 37 plots
- Native American herb garden
- butterfly garden
If you are environmentally-friendly...
- Not only does the park have a community garden, but they have included a composting area as well.
- The small city park has over a variety of 180 tree species.
If you want to know more about Liberty Lands park,
click here to read the park's Yelp reviews!